Hello Dear Reader,
Today is payday and budget day for us and it’s also good to look back at a thrifty week and reflect on money saving.
Here’s our week.
1. Moved half our income into savings on payday. That means we live on a superscrimper budget and there’s nothing for: new clothes, going out, takeaways or household items. We make the most of what we already have. If it breaks? We just go without until there’s room in the budget to pay for it.
2. Mini groomed the dogs. I trimmed around their faces and feet, which means I only have them professionally groomed every other month. I bathe them weekly and found some great dog shampoo in Poundland.
3. Pared back our food budget. I’m really off cooking right now which is uncharacteristic for me. Meals are very simple: egg, chips and beans, baked potatoes and tinned pilchards, vegetable soup, veggie paella and keeping it really cheap.
4. Topping up mortgage payments. We’re aiming to reduce our capital by an additional 5% this year. Our mortgage has five years left but reducing the capital makes a great difference to the interest we’ll pay.
5. Our weekend job is to split some seasoned logs to fill up our log store for winter. We’ll also split some pallets for our kindling supply.
Nothing amazing but we’ve planned a no spend month in preparation for our summer break. Now it’s your turn, how’s your week been? Have you kept finances under control? Any family readers making cutbacks to fund the summer break?
Always lovely to hear from you,
Love Froogs xxxxx