We are experiencing some heat! I know, in the U.K! Parts of it were hotter than Rome today. I felt as if I’d stood in front of an open oven door for most of the day. It’s due to be hot tomorrow and here’s a few things I do when we have a rare burst of heat like this.
1. Keep the curtains shut in the day to keep the sun out.
2. Cool the house at night, leave front and back windows open to bring cooler air in, then stop the heat getting in.
3. Place margarine tubs of water in the freezer, place the frozen blocks, still in the tubs in front of an electric fan.
4. If you have net curtain in your bedroom (which we do) give them a wash and hang them up damp in the open window with a through draught. A very old fashioned method but it works.
5. Have a cool shower before you go to bed.
6. Keep hydrated, plain tap water for us.
7. Ice cubes in the dog bowls to keep the dogs cool.
8. When you get home, soak your feet in a washing bowl of cold water. It really cools down your entire body and will help reduce any puffy feet.
9. If you have a big freezer (I don’t but I wish) then freeze your pillow in a dustbin bag before bed.
10. Any domestic jobs can wait. This is England and it’ll be cooler any day now.
Failing that, there’s always a huge pack of ice lollies in the supermarket for about a quid xx
I’m off to soak my feet, refrigerate my pillowcases and have another ice pole with my feet up.
Love Froogs xxx