Hello Dear Reader,
It’s beginnng to feel chilly and autumnal here. I love this time of year and the last of the colours of nature before everything beds down for the winter. I love soups, hot chocolate, thick socks, warm cardigans and hot water bottles. It’s all great! I love frost, crunchy grass under my Wellies and log fires. I’m not keen on the dark but I’m well stocked up with books and I read more in the winter.
It’s the start of the half term break and I’m going to keep my frugal fast going! Here’s the summing up of my week.
1. I’ve had twenty one days of buying nothing but food, a few toiletries such as soap and shampoo from Poundland and diesel for the car.
2. Laundry has been dried outside and in front of the wood stove.
3. Not used the gas central heating, just the wood stove and then only infrequently.
4. We’ve sold/decluttered on eBay and saved the money for a rainy day.
5. Thicker clothes, socks, warmer coats have come out of vacuum bags, lighter clothes have been stored away and the winter quilt has gone onto our bed. We’ll be warm on the cheap.
I’ll be here everyday and our week at home will see us undertaking some home maintenance, walks, catching up with friends and family and of course, time doing nothing with our feet up.
Love Froogs xxxxx