It’s been lovely and warm here today and it’s cooled down to a comfortable 32 by tea time. In the heat of the day, it was much hotter.
I thought I’d share cooling off on the cheap.
1. Cool the house down at night, open upstairs windows, front and back to get a through draught.
2. When the house is cool in the morning, close the curtains/shutters on the south side of the house.
3. Keep a through draught throughout the day.
4. Getting off to sleep in this weather isn’t easy, have a cool shower before you go to bed. I find that talc keeps my skin cool.
5. We sleep with one of my thinner quilts.
6. And finally, and obviously, plenty of water…….when I get in from work, soaking my feet in cold water with some bicarbonate and a drop of lavender oil.
If you’re in France and in the midst of the ‘canicule’ take care of yourselves xxx
Love Froogs xxxxx